Sports Premium Funding
After the London Olympics 2012 and as part of the Government's legacy plan, the Government committed to give each school additional funding for School Sport and PE.
For our school, this is a block sum of £16000 and £10 for every child in our school.
In total, for the 2019-20 academic year our funding allocation equates to £20580.
Purpose of Funding
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding might include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
- supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4Life clubs
- paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport
- providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- pooling the additional funding with that of other local schools.